A trusted cool chain partner you can rely on to manage your perishable cargo.
Established in 1990, SB Global Logistics is the largest privately owned Freight Forwarding & Logistics business in the South Island. As a leader in the industry, the SB team is committed to providing innovative solutions and delivering excellence in customer service.
In order to maintain an uninterrupted cool chain in transport of your perishable cargo, SB invests in technology, knowledge and expertise to ensure your goods are managed with the highest level of attention and care.
Benefit from our SB Cool Chain solutions:
- Worldwide temperature controlled delivery through our global partner DB Schenker.
- Qualified customer service team with proven experience in handling and management of perishable goods.
- 24/7 operation with approved MPI cool store facility capable of handling goods to/from all major worldwide regions.
- Documentation services – Health certs, CITES certs, Customs entries, Cert of Origin
- Frozen, chilled & ambient storage
- Ability to handle Air, Ocean & Sample consignments
- Tailored temperature controlled packaging
- Temperature reporting & tracking status updates
SB Cool Chain caters for a range of perishable products:
- Meat & Poultry
- Hides & Skins
- Dry animal product
Cool Chain Facilities
SB utilizes an MPI approved and purpose built 840sqm facility consisting of two chiller rooms, allowing for dual temperature between -8°C to 25°C. Additionally a force draft facility allows product to reduce in temperature quickly and efficiently.
A frozen transitional freezer is also available that can operate at -20°C and is fully MPI approved for export.
The large ELA enables temperature controlled conditions for handling product in and out of the facility, ensuring temperature conditions remain a key focus during the loading of your export product.
As part of our commitment to the environment we have ensured there is sufficient investment in green refrigeration within the facility. This allows for a minimum carbon footprint and ensures we uphold our commitment to operating within a clean, green work environment.
Thanks to the DB Schenker SmartBox service we can offer an innovative alternative to the standard method of tracking and monitoring of temperature sensitive cargo.
Benefits of the DB Schenker SmartBox technology:
- GPS real time tracking via web (24/7)
- Increased product data quality
- Several forms of data capture – temperature, vibration, humidity
- Provides detection of movement inside, light, vibration & intrusion
- Potential reduction of insurance premium
- Highest level of transparency of the supply chain